Milan, 23rd January 2020.
To kick off the new year on 23rd January 2020 the Associazione Italiana degli Analisti e Consulenti (AIAF) are holding an event in partnership Borsa Italiana at the Italian Stock Exchange titled ‘The value of financial research in the investment process’. They are using the occasion to present the AIAF Guidelines for writing a Financial Search on Listed Shares. These guidelines have been written by experts in the field and put together under the direction of Massimiliano Vecchio and with Prof. Alessandra Tami, as scientific advisor.
The IAIF will explain its reasons behind preparing the guidelines which focus on what they see as the need to define financial research quality standards and maintain market transparency and efficiency for all market participants. The AIAF’s hope is that these guidelines will be adopted by Italian and European financial analysts as best practice. The AIAF also hopes to contribute to the financial institutions’ work for the right and proper market functioning and to support investors with standard and affordable methodology in the collection, testing and evaluation of company financial and ESG data.
The attendees will be greeted by Andrea Sironi, Chairman of Borsa Italiana and Mr Jesús López Zaballos, Chairman of EFFAS. Dr. Alberto Borgia, AIAF President will then set out the premise under discussion for the event.
The presentation of the Guidelines is divided into the following four sections, each section shared by two speakers:
- the working method Prof. Alessandra Tami, scientific advisor for the guidelines, and Massimiliano Vecchio, UBI Banca, directing the project.
- the financial analyst’s professional skill and role Giampaolo Trasi, Intesa Sanpaolo and Pietro Gasparri, Banka Akros
- How to structure the research, Roberto Odierna, Generali Investments and Marco Cristofori, UBI Banca
- the financial research content Mr Previtera and Andrea Gasperini, AIAF & EFRAG
There will follow two round table discussions both chaired by Alberto Borgia, the first discussing the financial institutions’ view with the following panellists:
- Dr. Stefano Cappiello, Direttore della Direzione IV “Sistema Bancario e Finaziario- Affari Legali MEF Ministero dell’Economia e delle Finanze
- Representatives from Consob
- Dr Franco Panfili, Capo del Servizio Gestone Rischi Finanziari Banca d’Italia
- Paola Fico, Head of Capital Markets Regulation at Borsa Italiana
And the second discussing the importance of financial research in the investment process with the following panellists:
- Dr. Carlo Gentili, Amministratore Delegato Nextam Partners Gruppo Banca Generali
- Dr. Ugo Loser, Amministratore Delegato e Direttore Generale Arca Fondi SGR s.p.a
- Dr Andrea Vismara, Amministratore Delegato Equita Group e Equita Sim
The event will be rounded off with a Cocktail for networking.
Registration and further information here