30 November Brussels. Directorate General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union European Commission
The Directorate General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union European Commission has invited Mr. Javier de Frutos, Chairman of the EFFAS Commission on Financial Reporting to participate in the High-Level Conference on Corporate Reporting to be held in brussels on 30 November 2018. Mr. De frutos will represent the users on the panel on Corporate Reporting that will gauge stakeholders' view on the future steps for digitalising corporate reporting.
Following the recent public consultation on corporate reporting , this high-level conference is an additional opportunity for key players (regulators, preparers, users, civil society...) to share their views and debate on the future of corporate reporting. This is the moment for key players to provide valuable input to the fitness check the Commission is currently undertaking in this field. Whether the current EU framework needs to be adapted - to keep up with the digital imperative,business model developments (e.g. internet businesses) and sustainability concerns (e.g. climate and social issues) - is currently under analysis by the Commission.
This high-level event will focus on whether the EU legislative framework for corporate reporting needs to be adapted to better serve the capital markets and the EU economy.
Besides the keynote speeches and possibly some interactive audience engagement, there will be four panel sessions around the following themes:
- Is corporate reporting still fit for purpose and for upcoming challenges?
- Are accounting rules for EU capital markets coherent with the EU policy objectives of promoting long-term and sustainable investments?
- Towards relevant sustainability disclosure?
- Corporate reporting: time to embrace the digital revolution?
- The speakers invited to lead the policy and thematic debates will be key European and international regulators and supervisors, senior business representatives, leaders from civil society...
- The audience: the conference willbe of interest to leading figures from the finance, civil society sectors and recognised international organisations.
- Participation: the conference room can accommodate up to400 guests.
- The venue for the event will be the Charlemagne building, located right in front of the Council building.
The Conference will also be live streaming