- Participants who receive a Postgraduate in Finance from EADA will be able to validate 70% of their subjects for the CEFA (Certified European Financial Analyst) qualification, 75% for the CEVE business valuation qualification and 80% for the AF financial adviser qualification.
- EADA and IEAF will also offer participants a range of complementary training to complete the certifications.
Barcelona, 12th September 2018 EADA Business School and the Spanish Institute of Financial Analysts (IEAF) have signed an academic agreement to prepare participants (in collaboration with the IEAF training centre, FEF School) for the certifications required to work in advisory and financial analysis services in the European Union.
The IEAF, which has a high success rate in certifications, is approved by the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) to examine and accredit professionals working in information and financial consultancy services in accordance with the MiFID II European regulation.
The participants of the EADA Postgraduate in Finance and the Executive Masters in Financial Management will be able to validate 70% of their subjects (depending on which mode of study they choose) for the CEFA qualification, which is awarded by EFFAS (European Federation of Financial Analyst Societies) and represented in Spain by IEAF. They will also be able to validate 80% of the programme for the Financial Adviser certificate and 75% of the programme for the CEVE (Certificate in Expert in Business Valuations), both of which are awarded by the IEAF.
Once participants have passed the relevant exams, EADA and the IEAF (via the FEF School) will offer them complementary training activities to complete the desired qualification.
- CEFA (Certified European Financial Analyst): Certification required for financial consultancy and analysis, portfolios and investments. It is a CNMV requirement for financial services professionals working in information and advisory services.
- AF (Financial Adviser Certificate): Certification required for investment consultancy services. It is also a CNMV requirement for financial services professionals working in information and advisory services.
- CEVE (Certificate in Expert in Business Valuations): Certification required for analyst services, business valuations and assets, which also include the ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) standards.
In January 2018, the MiFID II (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive) came into effect in Europe. This directive marked the biggest transformation in European regulation since the financial crisis and is a direct response to bad praxis in the financial sector. It is designed to regulate the training qualifications of professionals working in European financial consulting and information services. In Spain, the CNMV is responsible for establishing the training requirements set out by the European directive.
According to the director of EADA’s Finance Department, Alex Font, “this agreement means that our participants will benefit from greater professional opportunities and employability as they will be able to work as accredited analysts or financial advisers in any European country”.
EFFAS President Jesús López Zaballos and director of the FEF School, explains that “this agreement is about bringing our 30 years of experience in professional financial qualifications, which are approved by the CNMV, to a management school such as EADA”.
EADA Business School was founded in 1957 by a group of business owners and professionals as an ideologically and economically independent institution. As well as appearing in the international rankings of well-known publications such as the Financial Times or The Economist, it also holds the EQUIS accreditation from the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) and the AMBA which recognises the quality of its MBA programmes.
The Spanish Institute of Financial Analysts (IEAF) is a nonprofit Professional Association, founded in 1965, which brings together professionals from Financial Analysis, Investment, Management and Financial Management and executives and managers of financial entities. The number of members currently stands at 1400.