CEFA at a glance
The Certified European Financial Analyst Diploma was set up in 1991. It is accredited in 27 European countries besides Argentina and Brazil and is well recognized by employers. The CEFA is a benchmarked qualification with challenging exams, ensuring the major professional skills that candidates need. The CEFA Quality is controlled by the EFFAS Review Panel. Our Diploma respects local market requirements, conditions and characteristics as well as individual cultures. That´s why the CEFA Diploma designation is recognised by the Financial Conduct Authority FCA in UK, the Regulator of Financial Services in Malta and their counterparts in Greece, Portugal Brazil and Argentina.
The training includes both; relevant material to the investment profession (irrespective of where such professionals are located) and a significant coverage of regulatory and market structure material that is closely related to the European market place. To date, over 14,000 professionals are CEFA holders.
Download the CEFA Brochure HERE (PDF)
How to become a CEFA Holder
Step 1: Enroll in the CEFA Programme offered by an accredited EFFAS National Member Society. If you are located in a country without an NMS please contact EFFAS Head Office for support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree) or 3 years of experience in a relevant field to the financial profession.
- Present a detailed CV properly documented accompanied with an official ID card.
- Pass the exams based on the CEFA syllabus organized by an accredited EFFAS National Member Society.
- Alternatively pass the CEFA Common Exam organized by EFFAS.
- Adhere to the EFFAS Code of Ethics or the National Member Society´s equivalent
- Prove 1 year of professional work experience in financial analysis, portfolio management and/or investment in general (accrued before, during, or after participation in the CEFA Programme)
The main objective of the programme as a whole is to provide a uniform high-level standard of training for investment professionals within Europe with a strong focus on advanced investment analysis, portfolio management, ethical standards and decision-making skills
To whom is it intended (Potential candidates)
The CEFA Diploma Designation is particularly aimed for professionals involved in:
Financial analysts, asset managers with asset management companies, pensions funds, life insurance companies, wealth management companies; financial researchers; corporate finance specialists and treasurers; financial journalists; professionals involved in legislation / regulation of the above mentioned fields; professionals already working in the investment sector but looking for more specific qualification.
The CEFA programme is structured in 10 topic areas:
- vPart 1: Equity valuation and analysis
- vPart 2: Financial accounting and statement analysis
- vPart 3: Corporate Finance
- vPart 4: Fixed income valuation and analysis
- vPart 5: Economics
- vPart 6: Derivative valuation and analysis
- vPart 7: Portfolio management
- vPart 8: European regulation
- vPart 9: Ethics
- vPart 10: National component
Download the complete CEFA Syllabus HERE (PDF)
How to register
The complete list of countries with a participating NMS can be found HERE.
If there is no NMS in your country please contact EFFAS Head Office for support (email@example.com).